Sunday, February 24, 2013

It's coming...

College.

It looms over me like winter weather.
I am excited, yet scared out of my mind.
I want to leave, grow up, take charge.

But then I remember all the things I don't know how to do without my  mom. 
I've been learning, but I learn better hands on. Which I haven't actually been doing.
I don't want to leave my mom. Or friends. Or the comforts of my room.
Dorms are scary.
I know, I've lived in one for a week.
There are like no places to store books.
How will I survive?
And all the things I share with my little sister... I'll have to buy my own and take it.
That stuff costs money.
Which I don't have.
Except scholarships are in the picture.
I've already got a full ride.
But my interview for the leadership one was yesterday.
TERRIFYING. 
I think the stress that interview caused me made me age like five years over night.
I really want to be an ambassador.
But I don't think that interview proved how much I want it.
I was shaking like a leaf in a tornado.
Horrible.

Although, there is one thing about leaving that I know won't change at all.
Church.
I am so excited for Institute.
You have no idea.
At least I'll have one constant in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment