Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Giving me my life back.

It's time to take back my life. I'm twenty years old now and I'm ready to start my adult life. I'm preparing for bigger things and I won't lie, it's scary.

I am ready to be healthy.

I am ready to increase my spirituality.

I am ready to be the brave, strong, happy girl I have inside of me.

I know the steps to take to get there, so why haven't I already? Really, it comes down to motivation. I need to find the drive to push myself towards my goals. It is in me, I know it. I found it before and then lost it. I can feel it, begging to come forward and make an impression.

I recently realized that I don't mind running! I feel excited and energized. Water is suddenly something I crave to drink. I just need to realize that I eat when I'm nervous or scared. This is not necessary. I can curb these cravings and succeed.

At church, I've been taking temple prep classes. I am so excited to take that next step. Getting married is a very real thing that will be happening in my life. I'm not sure when that will happen. I feel ready but scared at the same time. I know that he is scared too and while he says that he needs to work through things, I wish I knew what I could do to help.

I am succeeding in my classes. This means I will get into the Dental Hygiene program at Dixie State University. I don't mean to sound cocky- I am just being positive. This is what I've dreamt of since I was in junior high. When I get accepted, I think I'm going to cry. With happiness. School for two years, work for two years, start my family, and when the kids are in school, go back to work. That's the plan and I so desperately hope that everything goes somewhat to plan.

Taking back my life won't be easy but I'm ready to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment