Thursday, September 3, 2015

I am lucky.

This week, no month, has been the hardest of my entire life. I'm serious. I've cried more times than I can count and that sucks. I moved down here expecting everything to work out like it always has. My original idea was, "Guess I'm not as lucky as I thought." But you know what? I am lucky. I am blessed. I am grateful for trouble and hardships because I know that I will come out stronger. "...for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he hath given them."
I'm down here for a reason.
Maybe it is so I can get in A in physiology.
Maybe it is so that I can get a calling in my ward and help someones testimony, maybe even my own. Maybe it is so I can read stories to little kids in the library at story time.
I don't know!
I do know that I have a purpose and I want to make a difference.
I am lucky. I am blessed.
I have a house to live in with my wonderful grandparents.
I have a mom and sister who facetime me at 11 at night just to talk.
I have job interviews which will lead to a job.
I have a caring boyfriend who happens to be my best friend.
I can breathe, walk, talk, laugh, sing, drive my car, watch Netflix, play with friends, and so many other things.
Also, side note. I want to be healthy and feel confident in my body. So I started Weight Watchers back in July. I've learned how to listen to my body, to know when I'm hungry and when I'm full. I exercise and eat chocolate and sit around and I've lost eleven pounds. "what? you didn't have that to lose!" well, you might not see it yet, but I feel it. I'm proud of myself and I know I can accomplish hard things. I've still got a ways to go but I've made it this far.
I can do anything. I can make it through anything. I just need faith and trust, and a little bit of pixie dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment